Who doesn’t love the loose curl, lay back look? Here are three simple ways of getting the natural looking beachy curls, for starters you need to wash your hair and then try pick and choose of these three techniques.
- Dry your hair properly,
- Apply a serum or a good protecting hair spray that will protect your hair from the heat,
- Take a curling rod with a big barrel, the bigger the barrel the bigger the curl will be. Start curling your hair.
- If you have a lot of hair, clip up the top section and start with the back, then work your way forward.
- Lastly finger comb your hair into loose curls.
Diffusion: (this works for people with wavy hair)
- Apply a curl cream based on your natural curl type to give your waves a bit more hold.
- Towel your hair dry. Use a towel. Squeeze your hair gently to get rid of extra water.
- Use mousse or gel for optimal hold.
- For a more textured look, use a sea-salt spray.
- Attach the diffuser to your blow dryer. Most blow dryers come with a diffusion attachment that you can apply to the barrel to disperse the air flow.
- Now twist your hair and make small buns and then blow them with a diffuser.
- Let them cool for at least 20 minutes and then open them carefully to get wavy loose strand curls.
Braids: (This method works great with straight or lightly wavy hair.)
- Part your hair into four or five sections. Use a comb to ensure your parts are clean and even, from your forehead to your neck.
- Braid each section.
- If you want your hair to remain a bit straight on top, then just do regular braids.
- Secure at the bottom with elastics.
- Sleep with the braids. Your hair will dry into crimped waves overnight.
- Using your fingers, carefully relax the curls into waves.
- Toss your hair and spray it lightly with a flexible hold finishing/shining hair spray if needed.