If you want some really good super refreshing healthy smoothie recipes to beat the heat, then today is your lucky day. Here are 6 really tasty, refreshing smoothies that you can easily make at home and the best part is their preparation time is just 2-3 minutes. Healthy smoothies are good for people and children of all ages. You can have them as meals or snacks.
1) Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana:Antioxidant-rich green tea makes this smoothie a nutritional powerhouse.
3 Tbsp water
1 green tea bag
2 tsp honey
1½ c frozen blueberries
½ med banana
¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
1. MICROWAVE water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
2. COMBINE berries, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability.
3. ADD tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture.) Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve
NUTRITION (per serving) 269 cals, 2.5 g fat, 0.2 g sat fat, 52 mg sodium, 63 g carbs, 38.5 g sugars, 8 g fiber, 3.5 g protein
2) Fruit Delight: Slurp down this smoothie at breakfast, and you’ll feel satisfied until lunchtime.
1 c plain nonfat yogurt
½ c orange juice
6 frozen strawberries
COMBINE the yogurt, banana, juice, and strawberries for 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides and blend for an additional 15 seconds.
NUTRITION (per serving) 300 cal, 14 g pro, 63 g carb, 5 g fiber, 45 g sugars, 0.5 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 180 mg sodium
3) Pineapple Passion:This decadently thick drink can even satisfy your desire for ice cream!
1 c low-fat or light vanilla yogurt
6 ice cubes
1 c pineapple chunks
1. COMBINE the yogurt and ice cubes. Blend,as needed, until the ice is in large chunks.
2. ADD the pineapple and blend at “whip” speed until smooth.
NUTRITION (per serving) 283 cals, 3.5 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 167 mg sodium, 53.5 g carbs, 48 g sugars, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein
4) Just Peachy:Fat-free vanilla ice cream makes this dish sinful and slimming. Skip the spoonful of sugar for a healthier pick.
1 c 1% milk
2 Tbsp low-fat vanilla yogurt
½ c frozen peaches
½ c strawberries
⅛ tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp whey protein powder
3 ice cubes
1. BLEND together any liquid ingredients (milk, yogurt, juice, etc.) and protein powder; this will help break down the grainy powder and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
2. ADD mushy ingredients, like precooked oatmeal and fruit, then add ice at the end. For a thicker shake, you can toss in more ice cubes; you’ll add volume without the calories.
NUTRITION (per serving) 150 cals, 2 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 73 mg sodium, 26.5 g carbs, 24 g sugars, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein
5) Watermelon Wonder:Transform a summer fruit favorite into a drinkable delight. Just remember to buy seedless watermelon or remove the seeds before you blend!
2 c chopped watermelon
¼ c fat-free milk
2 c ice
COMBINE the watermelon and milk, and blend for 15 seconds, or until smooth. Add the ice, and blend 20 seconds longer, or to your desired consistency. Add more ice, if needed, and blend for 10 seconds.
NUTRITION (per serving) 56 cals, 0.3 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 19.5 mg sodium, 13 g carbs, 11 g sugars, 0.5 g fiber, 2 g protein
6) Mango Madness: Take advantage ripe mangoes disease-fighting ability with this delicious drink.
1 can (8 oz) juice-packed pineapple chunks
1 c fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
1 lg ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1 ripe banana, sliced
Crushed or cracked ice
1. COMBINE the pineapple (with juice), frozen yogurt, mango, and banana. Blend until smooth.
2. WITH the blender running. gradually drop in enough ice to bring the level up to 4 cups. Blend until the ice is pureed.
NUTRITION (per serving) 251 cals, 0.5 g fat, 0.2 g sat fat, 68 mg sodium, 60 g carbs, 50 g sugars, 4 g fiber, 6.5 g protein