Manicure and pedicures are essential as nails are a part of our body too and they need to be cleaned from time to time. Women as well men are now very much conscious about getting their mani and pedi done from various salons. But now you can do your mani and pedi care at home, and it’s pretty simple too.
So here is what you have to do, get your supplies together! To give yourself a gorgeous manicure, make sure you have all the right supplies,
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls or cotton swabs
- Cuticle trimmer
- Nail buffer
- Nail trimmers
- Nail file
- Cuticle or hand cream
- Nail polish
- Base coat
- Top coat
Let’s do it step wise,
- Remove your old nail polish. Use nail polish remover and cotton balls or swabs.
- Cut and file your nails. Use nail clippers and trim your nails.
- Buff your nails using a white block of a stick-type nail buffer, or a pad-type nail buffer and buffing powder, buff the surface of the nail a little bit to even out the surface and to smooth out ridges.
- Soak your nails. Get a bowl or stopper the sink and fill it with luke warm water and a few drops of soap. Soak your hands only for a few minutes. The water and soap will help to loosen dirt, dead skin, and any dust left over from filing and buffing, and soften cuticles.
- Use a nail brush to gently clean your nails and the skin around them. Gently scrape under your nails if necessary to remove dirt.
- Prepare your cuticles. Dry your nails and apply a cuticle cream. Using a cuticle pusher, also called an orange stick, gently push back the cuticle. Apply hand cream or lotion.
- Apply the base coat.
- Polish your nails.
- Let your nails dry.
And tadda, you’ll have a wonderful manicure or pedicure.