If you really want to get rid of your eye bags and dark circles, we really need to find out what is the root cause for dark circles. Many of us don’t take dark circles seriously, but dark circles on any personnel look really bad. Eye contact is the first thing that two people have when they meet and if you have dull and dark circles around your eyes you don’t leave a very good impression on others. So let’s go through the most common causes that cause these bad dark circles.
1) You need to get proper sleep. Maximum 8 hours is required for a good sleeping pattern.
2) Allergies are a common cause of skin discoloration under the eyes. If an allergy is the root of your problem, treat the allergy on time. Seasonal allergy problems can be frequently and effectively treated with over-the-counter and prescription medications.
3) A blocked nose can result in dark circles under your eyes because the veins around your sinuses are darkened and dilated.
4) Eat well and have a proper balance diet. Dark circles and puffiness are often attributed to lack of vitamin K or inadequate antioxidants. Also, a deficiency in B12 (usually anemia-related) can lead to dark circles.
5) Smoking causes vascular (blood vessel) problems that can not only threaten your life, but also make your blood vessels appear more prominent and bluer.
Here are some home Remedies for dark circles:
1) Crush mint leaves and apply it on your darkened area.
2) Tea bag not only relieves from pain but also relieves eye bags and dark circles leaving your eyes soothing.
3) Put two spoons in the fridge to cool and apply them on to your eyes.
4) Almond oil massage in circular motion helps a lot.
5) Rose water on cotton balls is also effective.
6) Cucumber peels applied to your eyes.
7) Potato peels also relieves pain and gives a soothing effect.
8) Make a saline solution. Add 2 cups water with a 1/4 teaspoon of sea saltand/or a half tea-spoon of baking soda in one of your nostrils. Have your head tilted to the side so that the water comes out the other nostril. It’s best used when you’re experiencing nasal congestion.
9) Apply an eye cream that has vitamin k and retinol. Dark circles may be caused by a deficiency of vitamin K. These two ingredients reduce puffiness and discoloration.