Black heads look very unpleasant. One needs to be very keen in taking care of black heads before they become more deep and big in size. Regular cleansing helps in taking care of these black heads. A good toner helps reduce pours.
Blackheads, essentially open-air pimples, can appear on any part of your body and be especially frustrating to deal with. If you are looking to remove your blackheads, try some of these successful treatments to clean your skin and stop the formation of the pesky dark spots.
- Lemon and Honey: Take half a lemon, and drop two to three drops of honey on it and rub it to effected areas, leave for 5 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Gently dry with tissue paper and you’ll get amazing results in just 10 minutes.
- Honey and Cinnamon: Honey is a natural antibiotic and works to pull out dirt from your open pores. Mix a tablespoon of honey with ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon and use your fingers to dab it onto your dry skin. Rub it in a circular motion for three minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Egg whites mask: Egg whites help to tighten pores and pull out any clogged dirt giving you smooth, clear skin. Remove the yolks from two eggs and smear it into a thin layer over your face. Give it two minutes to dry, and then add the remaining whites in a second layer. Give the complete mask an additional 10-15 minutes to dry, or until the whites are smooth to the touch and your skin feels tight. Use warm water to rinse the whites off your face.
- Turmeric powder and mint leaves: Both spices you likely have in your kitchen cupboard, turmeric and mint help to clean out dirty pores. Create a brew of mint tea and allow it to cool. Then, add two tablespoons of the liquid with a tablespoon of turmeric powder and apply it to your face. Leave it on for ten minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
- Oatmeal and yogurt mask: The lactic acid in the yogurt and the calming qualities of oatmeal mix to create a blackhead-blocking formula. Make a paste of three tablespoons yogurt, two tablespoons whole oats, and a few drops of lemon juice and olive oil. Mix between your fingers and apply it to the skin by dabbing onto the affected area. Allow it to set for ten minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
- Epsom salt and iodine: Epsom salt mixed with iodine form a bacteria-fighting combo perfect for removing blackheads. Mix a tablespoon of epsom salt with hot water and a few drops of iodine. Let this mixture sit, stirring occasionally to dissolve the salt completely into the hot water. Then, use a bit of cotton to dab the solution onto your skin, allowing it to dry onto your face. Then gently rinse the mixture off with clean warm water.